Mikael Ali, who once lived a life as a member of the notorious gang "Young Guns," one of the oldest and most feared gangs in Oslo and Norway. He was part of the gang during the 2006 shooting incident that took place in Aker Brygge in the middle of a crowd.
But today, Mikael is working to prevent others from making the same mistakes he did. Listen to Mikael's journey from a former gangster and enforcer to a man who is now dedicated to helping young people stay on the right path.
Mikael´s take-home tips:
I have no conclusion but my hard-learned experiences and history which hopefully can be of some use to whoever chooses to listen to my story.
In both episodes, Mikael and I explore the questions and issues around the following:
- What led you to join a gang, and what ultimately made you leave the gang lifestyle?
- Can you describe the work you are currently doing to give back to your community and help prevent others from joining gangs?
- How do you think communities can work to prevent youth from joining gangs in the first place?
- What challenges have you faced in trying to leave the gang lifestyle and give back to the community?
- How do you think society should address the root causes of gang involvement?
- Can you share any specific success stories or positive impacts you have seen as a result of your work in the community?
- What advice would you give to someone currently involved in a gang who wants to leave and give back to their community?
- How do you plan to continue your work in the community in the future?
- What support do you think is necessary for someone who wants to leave a gang and start a new life?
- Can you tell us about a particularly difficult or rewarding moment from your journey to give back to your community?
- What consequences does it have to this day after living over ten years in the destructiveness?
Mikael Ali's contact information:
REFERENCES:Soaring to New Health: The Glass is Half Healthy
S1 E13: Escaping the Addiction of
SDOH: why they are important and how they can play a role in more efficient care
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Champion Your Culture with Ryan McCarty and George Rogers
A weekly live show exploring the power of culture and leadership in business.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Coaching In Session
Are you struggling to achieve your personal goals or maximize your company's potential?
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Sign up for the weekly IT'S AN INSIDE JOB NEWSLETTER
- takes 5 seconds to fill out
- receive a fresh update every Wednesday